Friday, March 18, 2016

Junk Journal Update #1



I've been playing a lot with black lines and color.  When I get up early in the morning my mind is still half sleep - it's the best time to just paint because I'm not thinking too hard.


I will keep you updated on my progress.  Thanks for all of your awesome comments from last week's watercolor painting.  Have a great weekend!

I made a video on How to Make a Junk Journal if you would like to check it out.

Sharing with Paint Party Friday, Show Your Face

20 comments :

  1. Oh lovely portraits. Love the use of colors and black lines. Black lines have been in my interest too for a long time. They can really add to a piece of work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lalia! Yes, I completely agree! Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. really gorgeous paintings Danielle!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vibrancy in your work!
    xo
    Michelle
    mischra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these portraits, so bold and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning, unique and fun!! I'm loving your new style... you go girl!! It's hard to let go sometimes...but gorgeous results!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing work in your journal! Lovely use of color. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh these ladies are just beautiful. Absolutely love. Great work. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. painting first thing obviously suits you because this is awesome... really love that top cropped version

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful!!!! Really beautiful! Happy Paint Party Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Truly beautiful. I like that creating when you first get up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these faces! Your use of colour is wonderful and I really like your experimentation with black lines.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fab faces I love your use of colour Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so mad that I HAVE to buy another drawing class! 😂 I absolutely love your work; these two pieces are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete