Saturday, December 14, 2013

Art Journal - Up in the Stars


At first she was a bit too odd for me.  I kept looking at this page trying to figure out how to fix her face until finally I just let go.  This journal is a celebration of color.  I go back and forth from this one and my moleskine.  I wanted to share the full page from my post last Friday...


Up in the Stars

Stars are delicate
Flickers of light

Up there they shine
Mysterious and bright

Stars work quietly
Through the night

Guiding us back
Home safely all right

If I was a star
I would shine so bright
And watch you until
We reached first light 

by Danielle Mack

Have you created something "on accident" and liked the outcome? Tell me about it!

Sharing with Art Journal Journey

19 comments :

  1. I love the eyes. I totally struggle with them. Great inspiration, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome Danielle .. and I also ador ador ador your BROWN EYES entry below...

    xxx Thank you for joining Art Journal Journey..
    would be happy to see you there als in January 2014---


    amazing artwork!
    xxx
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful painting and I love the poem. Your artwork is fantastic, Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is an absolutely wonderful page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is stunning Danielle! I love her mysterious quality-well done! Happy PPF

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is amazing. The eyes are wonderful, in fact you always do amazing eyes! Thanks for dropping by my blog too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the texture through her face is fantastic - it really lifts the whole piece onto another level - wonderful! And the poem is simply lovely... a beautiful post altogether, Danielle, thank you.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful painting Daniellle, love the texture of star and squares look on her face .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very expressive painting of a face! And I love your poem too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow I love this piece of art. The face, the texture, the colors. A wonderful job.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful page, Danielle, I love it! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this piece. And I very often have "happy accidents"!
    Cheers
    Gabriele

    ReplyDelete
  13. I happy accidents. The texture adds so much along the the beautiful colors in this piece.

    ReplyDelete