Friday, February 8, 2013

Face #2 of 29

I think I have been avoiding my drawing lately....I'm not sure why.  I really want to learn how to draw the face in different angles.  I think it's such a challenge to get everything in the right spot so my goal is to draw as many faces as I can and take a break from the frontal view.  It did take me a lot longer to sketch this last night but I'm happy with what came out.  I almost gave up...it was getting late and I erased a bunch of times.  I would like to get to the point where I'm comfortable with setting down the lines and drawing any face I see.  So, here is my second face.


Thank you all for your great comments on my face #1.  I'm on my way to visit blogs tonight and I'm looking forward to seeing everyones work!

Before I go I want to recommend a book I got from the book store which 
helped me so much last night.  It's Giovanni Civardi's Complete Guide to Drawing.

I plan on buying the other books he has out.  He has great step by step lessons.

Thanks for stopping by!!!

4 comments :

  1. This face is beautiful...I struggle too with the different angles, especially the eyes...this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I really like her. A few drawings are on my list too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. we all avoid what we really need to do and you are such a good drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your drawings are wonderful, love all your art work :)

    ReplyDelete